We predominantly use emails to contact clients, and prefer emails from clients, for several advantages listed below. So it is important to check that you are receiving all of our emails, that you read them, and if necessary respond to them as soon as you can. Of course, if you prefer to talk, that’s fine. There will be a link in the signature of our emails to make an appointment.
- Automation. To keep our fees low, we automate a lot of emails. These will usually come from [email protected] so please check you continue to receive emails from this address.
- Records. Emails automatically provide us both with a note of communications and attachments that can be referred to in future.
- Information. It’s much easier to provide more information in an email, such as links, attachments, amounts to pay, and references.
- Off the spot. With an email we can take our time and give a fully considered response.
- Reminders. Email software can be used to set reminders to follow up, chase, or take action.
- Anytime. Emails can be read and written at any time. However, we believe that clear boundaries are important for a happy work-life balance. So we only look at and respond to emails during office hours and not at all during holidays.
To keep our fees low, we don’t have receptionists and everyone is hands-on busy with work. So to manage our time efficiently we have an appointment system for calls. To book a telephone call or a video call with us, use the link provided in the signature of the email from the person you would like to call. This will take you to their Google Appointments page. Then select a time slot that is convenient for you. There are usually two time slots in the morning and two in the early afternoon. If it looks like the time slots are much earlier or later than this, please check in the Google Calendar settings that you are set to the UK time zone.
At the time of the appointment, we will go to the Google Meet appointment provided in the booking email confirmation or on your calendar, unless you provide your telephone number or another method of contacting you e.g. Zoom.FAQs