What do you need to do my accounts?
Before your year end, we will email you with tax saving tips, and a list of things you may need to measure at the year end e.g. a stock valuation.
After the year end and every 4 weeks until we receive your records/’go-ahead’, we will email with a list of what we need to do your accounts.
We usually need (if applicable):
- User access to your online accounting software, categorised and reconciled to bank statements to your year end
- or spreadsheets with categorised income and expenditure for the year to your year end
- Bank statements for the whole year to and including your year end
- Value of sales/costs incurred but not invoiced as at your year end
- Value of sales/costs invoiced but not incurred as at your year end
- Value of stock held (at the amount it cost the business) as at your year end
- VAT returns and any workings covering the whole year to your year end
- 6-character Companies House Authentication Code (for the first time only). Request it.
- 10 or 13-digit Corporation Tax Reference (for the first time only). Request it.