What happens when you do the payroll?
When we do your payroll here is what happens:
- Update your payroll account for any changes such as new starters and changes in pay.
- Calculate the deductions required, such as PAYE, NIC, and student loans. Also, pension if we do that for you.
- Process any leavers and prepare a P45.
- Submit the necessary reports (pay run details, P45s) to HMRC every time, and every year.
- Email payslips to employees (if we use our own software this only happens if it has been set up on request).
- Upload to Iris Openspace the payslips, P45s, pay summary and the employer payment report. Also a pension summary if we do that for you.
- At the end of the tax year, we provide the annual summary for you to check and approve, and P60 forms for you to provide to employees.
- If necessary we also provide P11d forms when you provide the details soon after the tax year.